Examination students for Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level subjects are advised to avail themselves of the following information relating to the pattern and duration of questions for the respective levels they wish to enter for.
Certificate in Insurance
All the certificate level subjects are examined by means of two-hour duration papers in multiple choice format shown hereunder:
- CF1 - 100 Multiple choice questions
- CF2 - 60 Multiple choice questions and 40 True/False questions
- CF3 - 75 Multiple choice questions
- CF4 - 50 Multiple choice questions and 25 mini case study multiple choice questions
- CF5 - 50 Multiple choice questions and 25 mini case study multiple choice questions
- CF6 - 50 Multiple choice questions and 25 mini case study multiple choice questions
- CF7 - 100 Multiple choice questions
As a guide, it is recommended that students allow a minimu of 50 hours' study for the certificate subjects which equates to approximately 4 hours a week over a period of three months.
Diploma in Insurance
All the Diploma level subjects are examined by means of three-hour duration papers. For most Diploma level subjects, the papers are divided into two or three parts which carry a total of 200 marks. Students are advised to take cognissance of the instructions on the question papers which relate to compulsory questions in part 1, and the optional choices in parts 2 and 3, as the case may be; In all cases, students are to ensure judicious allocation of examination time to parts of the paper and to sub questions where a question is split into two, In exceptional cases, as in D04, all questions may be compulsory and carry a total of 200 marks.
Advanced Diploma in Insurance
Questions in the Advanced Diploma level follow the same pattern as in the Diploma level. Essentially, this level is examined by means of three-hour duration papers which carry a total of 200 marks.