The new qualifications of the Institute provide holders with a wide range of benefits. First, the qualifications confer on them, the valued designations: Cert. CIIN, Dip. CIIN and AIIN, respectively, upon induction. Other benefits include:
- Enhancement of career prospects by demonstrating commitment to self-development.
- Support of personalized learning programmes as candidates enjoy the flexibility in selecting the topics most appropriate to their role requirements.
- Possession of market-led qualifications which serve all sectors of the insurance industry and cater for all levels of knowledge and experience.
- Facilitating easy and free movement between disciplines and adaptation to statutory regulations as well as embracing key aspects of market practice.
- Engender a progressive qualification structure which operates much like building blocks.
- A flexible 'self-assembly' qualification content
- A values credit accumulation system which allows progress at different speeds.
- Portability of qualification as each level could be a terminal certification recognized for career progression.